In this post, I will show you the genuine procedure to download driving license online. The soft copy of the driving license will be downloaded from the official Sarathi Parivahan site. You will be provided with a pdf format file which can be printed on a hard paper or a PVC card.
This guide will allow downloading DL PDF file for any state in India. Yes, this guide supports all states. You will be easily able to print your driving license online.
Requirement To Download DL:
- DL application number. (Driving License Number is not asked)
- Date of birth.
- Computer or smartphone.
Steps To Download Driving License (DL) PDF Online
- First, visit this link: https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice2/stateSelection.do
- Select your state. [You have to select the state from where your DL was issued]
- Under the “Driving License” section, go to the “Print License Details” option.
- Now, click on the “Print Driving License” option.
- Enter your DL application number and DOB.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button.
- Now, your DL details will be printed on the computer screen.
That’s it, download the DL details and print on the hard paper. You can use this hard copy of DL for current use unless the original DL PVC card is issued. You don’t need to worry about its acceptance as it an official method. No matter in which state you are, this hard copy is accepted for a suitable period.
Why Need To Download DL Soft Copy?
When you apply for a new driving license, the whole process takes a long time. Even when your DL number is issued, it takes about 1 month for driving license to arrive at your doorstep. So, to protect your yourself from any type of issue occurring during driving, you can download your DL details online and print it on a hard paper for emergency use.
Make sure that the DL application receipt is kept safe as it is a very important document. You may be asked to provide this document whenever necessary.